The Simplified Method Worksheet
in the TaxAct® program shows the calculation of the taxable amount from entries made in the retirement income section.
To view this worksheet in a TaxAct Online return:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click My Return on the right side of the screen
- Click Print Center, then click the Custom tab
- In the second box, scroll down and click on the checkbox to the left of Federal Form 1040 Taxable Pensions and Annuities
- Click the Print button and then click the PDF link. The item will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon on the screen to actually print, or close the window without printing.
NOTE: If, after you click Print in Step 5 above, and you are directed to the Payment Option screen, you will need to process the product fees prior to printing.
To view this worksheet in a TaxAct Desktop return:
- Click on the Forms icon in the toolbar to open the Forms view.
- Expand the Federal view
- Expand the Worksheets view
- Scroll down and double click Form 1040 Taxable Pensions and Annuities - Simplified Method Worksheet and then double click the individual worksheet
NOTE: If, after you click Print in Step 6 above, and you are directed to the Payment Option screen, you will need to process the product fees prior to printing.