Schedule SE - Adjustments

To enter or review an adjustment on Schedule SE (Form 1040) (example: if some of your self-employment income is exempt from self-employment tax):

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
  2. Click the Taxes dropdown, then click Self-employment tax adjustments.
  3. Continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Self-Employment Tax - Adjustments.
  4. Click the data entry field below Other adjustments (+ or -), and type the amount (if this amount is exempt from self-employment tax, enter it as a negative number).

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.