Search Help Topics:


If you have self-employment income that is exempt from self-employment tax, you my need to enter or review the adjustment for Schedule SE (Form 1040) Self-Employment Tax.

To enter or review the adjustment:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Taxes in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Self-employment tax adjustments.
  3. Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
  4. On the screen titled Self-Employment Tax - Adjustments, enter the Other adjustments (+ or -) amount as a negative number, then click Continue. This should be exempt from self-employment tax.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?