Search Help Topics:

If you have self-employment income that is exempt from self-employment tax, follow these instructions to enter or review the adjustment for Schedule SE:

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal Q&A tab
  2. Click Taxes to expand the category and then click Self-employment tax adjustments
  3. Click Continue or No until you reach the screen Self-Employment Tax - Adjustments
  4. On the line Other adjustments (+ or -): enter the amount (as a negative number) which should be exempt from self-employment tax.

Was this helpful to you?