Per the IRS Instructions for Schedule B (1040) Schedule B Interest and Ordinary Dividends will print with your return only if you had over $1,500 of taxable interest, over $1,500 of ordinary dividends, or for the other reasons listed below.
Purpose of Form
Use Schedule B if any of the following applies.
- You had over $1,500 of taxable interest or ordinary dividends.
- You received interest from a seller-financed mortgage and the buyer used the property as a personal residence.
- You have accrued interest from a bond.
- You are reporting original issue discount (OID) of less than the amount shown on Form 1099-OID.
- You are reporting interest income of less than the amount shown on a Form 1099 due to amortizable bond premium.
- You are claiming the exclusion of interest from series EE or I U.S. savings bonds issued after 1989.
- You received interest or ordinary dividends as a nominee.
- You had a financial interest in, or signature authority over, a financial account in a foreign country or you received a distribution from, or were a grantor of, or transferor to, a foreign trust. Part III of the schedule has questions about foreign accounts and trusts.
To Force Schedule B to Print
TaxAct Online Users:
- Click the My Return button in the top right corner
- Click Print Center, then click , then click the Custom tab
- Scroll down in the top section(the top section lists individual forms and schedules) and click on the checkbox(es) to the left of the item(s) Schedule B - Interest and Ordinary Dividends
- Click the Print button and then click the PDF link. The item will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon on the screen to actually print, or close the window without printing.
Note: If after you click Print in Step 4 above you are directed to the screen titled View/Print Forms - Payment Option, then you need to process the payment for the program prior to being able to return to the steps above and view/print the document you selected.
Note: If after you click Print in Step 5 above you are directed to the screen titled View/Print Forms - Payment Option, then you need to process the payment for the program prior to being able to return to the steps above and view/print the document you selected.
TaxAct Desktop Users:
- Click the Forms button in the top left corner of the toolbar to open the Forms view
- Expand the Federal Forms view and then expand the Forms and Schedules view
- Double click Schedule B - Interest and Ordinary Dividends
- Click on the pink Printer Icon above the schedule on the right side of the screen. In the Print dialog box that appears you are able to choose if you wish to send the output to a printer or a pdf document and also whether you prefer to only print preview the schedule. Remember to clear the checkbox Print Preview when you do actually want the item to print