Search Help Topics:


For information about whether you can claim the mortgage interest paid on a foreign loan for a foreign home, go to the IRS website.

To report foreign mortgage interest that you did not receive a Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement for (if you need help accessing the mortgage interest not reported section of the TaxAct program, go to our Mortgage Interest - Not on Form 1098 FAQ):

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), on the screen titled Mortgage interest not reported on Form 1098, scroll down and click Enter a foreign address.
  2. The TaxAct program adds data entry fields for a foreign address to the screen, and you can enter the information.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?