Search Help Topics:


Tax reform has eliminated many of the miscellaneous deductions you may have claimed in prior years. You can obtain additional information regarding miscellaneous deductions in IRS Publication 529 Miscellaneous Deductions.

To enter a specific deduction in your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal) and then Itemized or Standard Deductions in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu. Choose the appropriate topic from the expanded list in order to answer the applicable interview questions.

Was this helpful to you?