Search Help Topics:

Per IRS Publication 3 Armed Forces' Tax Guide, page 32:

Spouse in combat zone. If your spouse is unable to sign the return because he or she is serving in a combat zone or is performing qualifying service outside of a combat zone, and you do not have a power of attorney or other statement, you can sign for your spouse. Attach a signed statement to your return that explains that your spouse is serving in a combat zone.

Was this helpful to you?