If you have received a Form W-2C Corrected Wage and Tax Statement (a corrected W-2 form), you can still electronically file your return. Enter the information from your Form W-2C as a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement in the program. There is no requirement to send the W-2C form if you electronically file as the IRS will receive a copy from the employer.
To enter your W-2C information in the TaxAct® program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Wages and Salaries in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Wage income reported on Form W-2.
- Click + Add Form W-2 to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- On the screen titled W-2: Enter Taxpayer's/Spouse's information, then click the Switch to Form Entry (optional) link near the top to open the Quick Entry window.
- Check Form W-2C, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement near the top to indicate your entries are from a W-2C, enter all of the appropriate information, then click Save & Close.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.