If you have received a Form W-2C Corrected Wage and Tax Statement (a corrected W-2 form), you can still electronically file your return. Enter the information from your Form W-2C as a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement in the program. There is no requirement to send the W-2C form if you electronically file as the IRS will receive a copy from the employer.
To enter your W-2C information in the TaxAct® program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Tools in the left navigation bar. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Tools.
- Click Forms Assistant.
- Expand the Documents Received folder
- Click Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement
- Click Form for the appropriate W-2 copy
- Check Form W-2C, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement near the top to indicate your entries are from a W-2C, enter all of the appropriate information, then click Save & Close.