Search Help Topics:


If you have received a Form W-2C Corrected Wage and Tax Statement (a corrected W-2 form), you can still electronically file your return. Enter the information from your Form W-2C as a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement in the program. There is no requirement to send the W-2C form if you electronically file as the IRS will receive a copy from the employer.

To enter your W-2C information in the TaxAct® program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Tools in the left navigation bar. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Tools.
  2. Click Forms Assistant.
  3. Expand the Documents Received folder
  4. Click Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement
  5. Click Form for the appropriate W-2 copy
  6. Check Form W-2C, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement near the top to indicate your entries are from a W-2C, enter all of the appropriate information, then click Save & Close.

Was this helpful to you?