The worksheet in the TaxAct® program titled Form 6251 - Home Mortgage Interest Adjustment Worksheet - Line 4 calculates the amount to transfer to Line 4 of IRS Form 6251 Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals as an adjustment to the AMT tax calculated.
To view the worksheet in TaxAct Online:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click the My Return button in the top right corner
- Click Print Center, then click the Custom tab
- Scroll down in the bottom section (the bottom section lists documents received or worksheets) and click on the checkbox(es) to the left of the item(s) Federal Form 6251 Mortgage Interest
- Click the Print button and then click the PDF link. The item will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon on the screen to actually print, or close the window without printing.
To view the worksheet in TaxAct Desktop:
- Click on the Forms icon in the toolbar to open the Forms view
- Expand the Federal view
- Expand the Worksheets view
- Scroll down and double click Form 6251 Mortgage Interest - Line 4 Mortgage Interest