Search Help Topics:

Access Form 1099-MISC, and enter your Box 2 - Royalties amount (if you need help accessing Form 1099-MISC in the TaxAct program, go to our Form 1099-MISC - Entering in Program FAQ):

  1. From within your Form 1099-MISC, continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled 1099-MISC: Enter information on form.
  2. Click the data entry field below Box 2 - Royalties, and type your amount.

Income reported in Box 2 is generally reported on Schedule E (if you need help completing Schedule E, go to our Schedule E - Entering Rental Property in Program FAQ); however, if you are in the business as a self-employed writer, inventor, artist, etc., report your royalty income and expenses on Schedule C (if you need help completing Schedule C, go to our Schedule C - Entering Sole Proprietorship in Program FAQ).

Was this helpful to you?