If "Check here if these entries are for a mutual fund or other regulated investment company" is checked at the bottom of Form 1099-INT Interest Income, and you want it unchecked, you can do this within the program.
To clear the checkmark through the Q&A interview:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Investment Income to expand, then click Interest income (Form 1099-INT).
- Click + Add Form 1099-INT to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Click Quick Entry to scroll down to answer or review all applicable questions or click Step-by-Step Guidance to proceed with the interview questions.
- On the screen titled Interest Income - Investment Expenses and Foreign Taxes, enter an amount for 6. Foreign tax paid, then click Continue. This will give you access to the screen you will need later in the interview - you can always come back to remove this amount later.
- On the screen titled Interest Income - Foreign Interest, uncheck/clear Check here if this entry is for a mutual fund or a regulated investment company, then click Continue.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.