If the box titled Check here if these entries are for a mutual fund or other regulated investment company at the bottom of Form 1099-INT is checked and you need to uncheck it through the Q&A interview:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Investment Income to expand the category, then click Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
- Click +Add Form 1099-INT to create a new copy of the form, or click Review to review a form already created
- Click Quick Entry or Step-by-Step Guidance. If you select Quick Entry, be sure to scroll down to answer all applicable questions. If you select Step-by-Step Guidance, the program will proceed with the interview questions.
- Continue to the screen titled Interest Income - Investment Expenses and Foreign Taxes and verify there is an amount entered in the field 6. Foreign tax paid. If there is not an amount in that field, temporarily enter an amount so you can access the screen you need later in the interview
- Continue to the screen titled Interest Income - Foreign Interest where the box "Check here if this entry is for a mutual fund or a regulated investment company" is available to be checked or unchecked
- If necessary, go back to the screen titled Interest Income - Investment Expenses and Foreign Taxes to remove the amount temporarily entered