Form 1099-INT - Interest Earned for the Year is $10 or Less

You should receive a Form 1099-INT Interest Income from banks and financial institutions if you earned more than $10 in interest for the year. Even if you did not receive a Form 1099-INT, or if you received $10 or less in interest for the tax year, you are still required to report any interest earned and credited to your account during the year. The payer's identification number and address are not needed.

If you need help reporting interest income, go to our Form 1099-INT - Entering in Program FAQ.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.