Search Help Topics:


You need to report your Form 1099-DIV ordinary and qualified dividends in the TaxAct program for the information to transfer to your Form 1040.

To report your Form 1099-DIV and enter your ordinary and qualified dividends (if you need help reporting your Form 1099-DIV, go to our Form 1099-DIV - Entering Dividend Income in Program FAQ):

  1. From within your Form 1099-DIV, continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Dividend Income - Ordinary Dividends.
  2. Click the data entry field below 1a. Ordinary dividends, and type the amount.  
  3. Click the data entry field below 1b. Qualified dividends, and type the amount.

Was this helpful to you?