Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 - Where to Report Items

When you receive income, the payer will usually have to send you an income statement that shows taxes withheld each year. Depending on the type of income, you will receive a different type of form.  Forms that you receive need to be reported on your tax return, and the TaxAct program will ask what forms you have received during the interview process.  If you are still not sure where to report your forms in the TaxAct program, go to our FAQs for instructions: