Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 - Where to Report Items

You may receive income from several different types of sources during a tax year.

The payers of that income typically send you a form listing how much they paid you and the amount of taxes withheld. Forms you may receive include Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099. This includes any form with a 1098 or 1099 prefix, such as the 1098-E, 1099-B, 1099-MISC, etc.

In TaxAct, you will need to enter these amounts when prompted. The amounts will then flow to the necessary line and form.

For instructions on where to enter information from any of these forms in TaxAct, choose the appropriate link below.