Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 - Where to Report Items

The chart below provides information regarding where to report amounts from Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099. This includes any form with a 1098 or 1099 prefix, such as the 1098-E, 1099-B, 1099-MISC, etc. 

Generally, any information from these forms is automatically transferred to the appropriate location in your TaxAct® return. Once you have entered the amount that appears on the document you received, it will automatically flow to the necessary line and form.

For instructions on where to enter information from any of these forms in TaxAct, choose the appropriate link below.

For more information, see pages 11-12 of the IRS Instructions for Form 1040.