Search Help Topics:


The TaxAct® program does not support IRS Form 1040-C U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Return. Form 1040-C is used by aliens who intend to leave the United States or any of its possessions to report income received or expected to be received for the entire tax year, and pay the expected tax liability on that income, if required to do so. Form 1040-C must be filed before an alien leaves the United States or any of its possessions. For more information, go to IRS Instructions for Form 1040-C.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?