Search Help Topics:


TaxAct® does not support IRS Form 1040-C U.S. Departing Alien Income Tax Return. Form 1040-C is used by aliens who intend to leave the United States or any of its possessions to report income received or expected to be received for the entire tax year, and if required, to pay the expected tax liability on that income. Form 1040-C must be filed before an alien leaves the United States or any of its possessions. For more information, see "How To Get the Certificate" on page 3 of IRS Instructions for Form 1040-C.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?