There is no direct way to remove your ex-spouse’s information from your return if you have imported this information.
In order to remove your ex-spouse's occupation, please follow these steps:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Basic Information in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category, then click Filing Status
- Temporarily change your filing status back to Married filing joint (even if only one had income)
- Click Personal Info in the left column under Basic Info, (Desktop users, just below the Federal tab). Continue to the screen titled Tell us about your spouse, then remove your ex-spouse's occupation
- Click Filing Status and change the status back to whatever you will be filing this year
When you print preview your return, the ex-spouse’s occupation information will now be gone.