There is no direct way to remove your ex-spouse’s information from your return if you have imported this information.
In order to remove your ex-spouse's occupation, please follow these steps:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Basic Information to expand the category, then click Filing Status
- Temporarily change your filing status back to Married filing joint (even if only one had income)
- Click Personal Info at the top of the screen, just below the Life Events tab. Continue to the screen titled Spouse, then remove your ex-spouse's occupation
- Click Filing Status at the top of the page and change the status back to whatever you will be filing this year
When you print preview your return, the ex-spouse’s occupation information will now be gone.