If the return that was accepted by the IRS did not contain valid banking information for a direct debit of the amount due (information entered either through the electronic filing steps or on the Electronic Filing Worksheet), you have the following payment options available to you:
- Pay your taxes electronically by using the free Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) via the internet or phone. Please note that you must enroll in the system before making a payment.
- You may pay your tax due by credit card through the 3rd-party website Pay1040.com.
- You may also print the payment voucher (Form 1040-V) from the return and mail your tax due to the IRS by check.
Please note that if you are paying your tax due late, the IRS may assess penalties and interest on your tax due and these will be calculated and billed after your payment and return have been processed.
To print the Form 1040-V payment voucher, follow the instructions below.
TaxACT Online Users:
- Sign in to your TaxACT Online return
- Click the My Account button at the top right side of the screen
- Click Print Center, then click Print Individual Forms
- Expand the Federal Forms folder, and then expand the Forms and Schedules folder
- Click Form 1040V - Payment Voucher
- Click Print and then click Your Federal Form 1040V. The voucher will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon to actually print the worksheet or close the window without printing.
TaxACT Desktop Users:
- From withing your TaxACT return, click the Forms button in the top left corner
- Expand the Federal Forms folder and then expand the Forms and Schedules folder
- Double-click Form 1040V - Payment Voucher
- Click on the pink Printer Icon above the voucher to print. You are able to choose if you wish to send the output to a printer or to a PDF document. Additionally, you can choose to only print preview the voucher.