For tax years 2018 - 2025, the following occupations can take this deduction:
- Armed Forces reservist
- Qualified performing artist
- Fee-basis state or local government official
- Employees with impairment-related work expenses
To access the Q&A interview screens to enter your home office expenses:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Other Adjustments in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click National Guard/Reserve member from Form 2106 (or Qualified performing Artist or Fee-Basis Government Official from Form 2106).
- Click + Add Form 2106 to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.