For tax years 2018 - 2025, specific occupations can take this deduction:
- Armed Forces reservist
- Qualified performing artist
- Fee-basis state or local government official
- Employees with impairment-related work expenses
To access the Q&A interview screens to enter your home office expenses:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Other Adjustments and then click National Guard/Reserve member from Form 2106 (or Qualified Performing Artist or Fee-Basis Government Official from Form 2106, whichever applies) in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu.
- Click +Add Form 2106 to create a new form or Review to view or change entries for a form you have already entered.
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.