Form 8862 Information To Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance is used to claim the Earned Income Credit (EIC) if this credit was previously reduced or disallowed by the IRS, and you now wish to claim the credit on this year's return.
To enter information regarding Form 8862 in the TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Other Credits in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Information to claim certain credits after disallowance.
- On the screen titled Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance, check Earned Income Credit, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled EIC After Disallowance - Reason, select Yes, then click Continue.
If you have entered information on Form 8862 in error and need to delete this form from your return:
- Click Tools down the left to expand, then click Forms Assistant.
- Click to expand the FEDERAL Forms folder, then click to expand the Forms and Schedules folder.
- Scroll down and click Form 8862 - Information to Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance.
- Click Delete, then click OK to confirm that you wish to delete the form.
- Click Forms in the top left corner of the toolbar to open the Forms View.
- Click to expand the Federal Forms folder, then click to expand the Forms and Schedules folder.
- Double-click Form 8862 - Information to Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance.
- Right-click the form in the left navigation pane, then click Delete copy.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.