Form 8862 Information to Claim Earned Income Credit After Disallowance is used to claim the Earned Income Credit if this credit was previously reduced or disallowed by the IRS, and you now wish to claim the credit on this year's return.
To enter information regarding Form 8862 in the TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Other Credits in the in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Information to claim certain credits after disallowance
- Check the box next to Earned Income Credit and then click Continue
- On the screen titled EIC After Disallowance - Reason, choose Yes and then click Continue
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information
If you have entered information on Form 8862 in error and need to delete this form from your return:
- Click Tools on the left side of the screen to expand the category, then click Forms Assistant
- Expand the Federal Forms and Forms and Schedules folders and scroll down and click Form 8862 - Information to Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance
- Click Delete
- Click OK to confirm that you wish to delete the form
- Click the Forms button in the top left corner of the toolbar to open the Forms View
- Expand the Federal Forms and Schedules folders
- Scroll down and double-click Form 8862 - Information to Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance
- Right-click the form in the left navigation pane and click Delete copy