Earned Income Credit or Child/Dependent Care Credit - Child Not Dependent

If you have a qualifying child for the Earned Income Credit (EIC), but do not claim that child as a dependent, you can still claim them for the EIC.  You need to list the child in the dependent section of the TaxAct program as a nondependent, and select them for the EIC.

Go to our Dependents - Entering Type Information in Program FAQ, and click Nondependent qualifying child in the Dependent type dropdown.

Access the EIC section of the TaxAct program and claim the nondependent qualifying child (if you need help accessing the EIC section of the TaxAct program, go to our Earned Income Credit - Entering in TaxAct FAQ).

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.