Education Credits and Deductions - Dependent on Another Return - Modify Selection

If you want to indicate that you can be claimed on someone else's return:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Basic Information in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Dependent on someone else's tax return.
  3. Check I can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return, then click Continue.