Search Help Topics:

To review or modify whether your exemption is claimed on another return:
  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal Q&A tab
  2. Click Education to expand the category, then click All education topics
  3. Click Yes on the screen titled Higher Education - Education Expenses, then click Review 
  4. Continue to the screen titled Student Information - Dependent Exemption to review or change your selection

If you want to indicate that you can be claimed on someone else's return: 

  1. Click on Federal Q&A tab
  2. Click on Basic Information in the left column
  3. Click on Dependent on someone else's tax return and follow the prompts on the next screen.

Was this helpful to you?