Form W-2 - Dependents

If your dependent receives a Form W-2, you cannot report it on your tax return.  Your dependent has to report the Form W-2 on their own tax return (if they are required to file).

If you need help reporting Form W-2, go to our Form W-2 - Entering in Program FAQ.

If you don't know if your dependent needs to file a tax return, go to the IRS Do I Need to File a Tax Return? Interactive Tax Assistant webpage.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.