If there is a blank Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income that is preventing you from e-filing your return, you can remove it.
To remove the blank 1099-MISC form from TaxAct Online:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Tools down the left to expand, then click Forms Assistant. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Tools.
- Click to expand the FEDERAL Forms folder, then click to expand the Documents Received folder.
- Click Form 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income, select the form, click Delete, then click OK to confirm.
To remove the blank 1099-MISC form from TaxAct Desktop:
- Click Forms in the toolbar.
- Expand the Federal folder, then expand the Documents Received folder.
- Double-click Form 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income.
- Right-click the form, select Delete Copy, then click Yes to confirm.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.