If there is a blank Form 1099-MISC that is preventing you from electronically filing your return, the following steps will allow you to remove it.
In TaxAct® Online:
- Click Tools on the right side of the screen to expand the category, then click Forms Assistant
- Expand the Federal folder, then the Documents Received Folder
- Scroll down and select Form 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income
- Select the form and click Delete
- Click OK to confirm
In TaxAct Desktop:
- Click Forms in the toolbar
- Expand the Federal Folder, then the Documents Received Folder
- Scroll down and double-click Form 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income
- Right click the form and select Delete Copy. Click Yes to delete the Form.