Clergy - Housing Allowance

Excess housing allowance is generated when the housing allowance the clergy member received from the church or organization is more than the amount actually used to provide a home.  If you need more information refer to IRS Publication 517 Social Security and Other Information for Members of the Clergy and Religious Workers. If you need help entering housing allowance in the TaxAct program, go to our Clergy - Exempt Wages and Housing Allowance FAQ.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.