Form 2441 - Entering Clergy Dependent Care Credit in Program

If filing jointly, figure your and your spouse’s earned income separately. Your earned income amount will flow to Line 4 and your spouse’s earned income on Lines 4 and 5 of IRS Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses. If your spouse was a student or disabled, see "Lines 4 and 5" within the IRS Instructions for Form 2441, on page 4.

If you reported amounts on Schedule SE Self-Employment Tax because you were a member of the clergy or you received $108.28 or more of church employee income, that amount is included in earned income for purposes of Form 2441.

To enter the amounts in the TaxAct Program which will transfer to Lines 4 and/or 5 of Form 2441:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Child and Dependent Care in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu, then click Yes to proceed with the program interview questions.
  3. On the screen titled Dependent Care - Student or Disabled, click Yes, then enter information for the taxpayer on the first screen and information for the spouse (if any) on the following screen.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.