Form 2441 - Entering Clergy Dependent Care Credit in Program

If filing jointly, figure your and your spouse’s earned income separately. Your earned income amount will flow to Line 4 and your spouse’s earned income on Line 5 of IRS Form 2441. If your spouse was a student or disabled, see Line 5 of the IRS Instructions for Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses.

If you reported amounts on Schedule SE because you were a member of the clergy or you received $108.28 or more of church employee income, that amount is included in earned income for purposes of Form 2441.

To enter the amounts in the TaxAct Program which will transfer to Lines 4 and/or 5 of Form 2441:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Child and Dependent Care in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu.
  3. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information. 
  4. On the screen titled Dependent Care - Student or Disabled, click Yes. Enter information for the taxpayer on the first screen and information for the spouse on the following screen.