To report that you or your spouse have an IRS approved Form 4361 in the TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click the Taxes dropdown, then click Self-employment tax adjustments.
- Continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Self-Employment Tax - Form 4361, click the Checkbox next to Taxpayer/Spouse has an IRS approved Form 4361.
If you have some income that is exempt from self-employment tax due to Form 4361 and some which is not exempt, use the following steps to enter the income subject to self-employment tax:
- Continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Self-Employment Tax - Adjustments
- Click the field below Other adjustments (+ or -), and type the amount.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.