The amount shown as paid to the provider(s) must equal the amount entered as qualified expenses for your dependent(s) plus any dependent care benefits provided by the employer.
To review the child and dependent care topic:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Child and Dependent Care in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu then click Yes
- If this is your first time through the care provider section of the Q&A, you will be taken directly to the first question. Otherwise, click +Add Form 2441 Care Provider or Review to enter or edit provider information
- The amount paid is entered on either the Care Provider - Information screen. The total amount paid should equal:
- the amount shown as qualified expenses on the screen titled Dependent Care - Qualifying Person's Information, plus
- any dependent care benefits reported in Form W-2 box 10
- To review the total qualified expenses, click Continue until you reach the Dependent Care - Dependent Care Credit Summary screen