The amount shown as paid to the provider(s) must equal the amount entered as qualified expenses for your dependent(s) plus any dependent care benefits provided by the employer.
To review the child and dependent care topic:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Child and Dependent Care then click Yes
- If this is your first time through the care provider section of the Q&A, you will be taken directly to the first question. Otherwise, click Add or Review to enter or edit provider information
- The amount paid is entered on either the Care Provider - Individual screen or the Care Provider - Organization screen, depending on whether the provider was an individual or a company. The total amount paid should equal:
- the amount shown as qualified expenses on the screen titled Dependent Care - Qualifying Person's Information, plus
- any dependent care benefits reported in Form W-2 box 10
- To review the total qualified expenses, click Continue until you reach the Dependent Care - Dependent Care Credit Summary screen