Schedule C - Reporting Odd Jobs

You should report income from odd jobs as business income on Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business. A payer is required to issue you a Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income if you received more than $600 in compensation.

Because you are considered a contractor, you may deduct expenses related to this business activity.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.