Author - Income Advance from Publisher

If an author is self-employed, he or she would need to complete a Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business as an advance would be considered income.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.