To Amend Your State Return:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), print a copy of your original federal and state returns. This can be done by clicking the in the upper right-hand corner, then choosing Print Center, then clicking Return in the window that appears, choosing the number of copies to print, and then clicking the Print button. Desktop users click File, then click Print Return and make the appropriate selection in the popup window that follows.
- Make the appropriate corrections to your return
- Click on the State tab and then click on the applicable state name. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose State.
- Click Amended Return (Note: If you do not see the Amended Return option listed, please choose Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there.)
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information
Amended returns can be completed Online by accessing your Online account. There is a one-time fee for accessing your Online account after the electronic filing season for that year has ended.