Reviewing your return is easy with TaxAct®.
You can review your return manually as well as using the Alerts feature, which can identify missing or incomplete information that may bring your return to the attention of the IRS. Plus, you will be alerted to possible tax saving opportunities you may have missed.
Manually Reviewing your Return
You may manually review all your entries by clicking on the "Basic Info" tab. From the beginning, you can simply click "Continue" through the return, visually reviewing your entries for accuracy.
You may also skip to any section within the return by using the navigation tabs. You can simply click one of the tabs to begin the review of that overall section.
Reviewing for Alerts
- Click on the "Review" Tab
- Click "Continue"
- Desktop customers will be asked to check for program updates. Choose to check for updates, then when finished, click "Continue"
- The review process will review your return for the following alerts:
- Red Alerts - The message will identify information which is incomplete or inconsistent. If left uncorrected, the subject of a Red Alert will prevent calculations from being completed or will result in post filing inquiries by the IRS or State agency.
- Yellow Alerts - The message will identify potential problems or prompt you for additional actions required on your part.
- Green Alerts - The message will identify opportunities for potential tax savings. These messages are for your information and consideration.
Choose the Alert(s) you would like to review
- Click "Start Alerts"