Search Help Topics:


To reflect the amount paid with Federal Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return on your Federal return:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Miscellaneous Topics in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Amount Paid with a request for extension of time to file.
  3. Enter the Amount you have already paid with Form 4868, then click Continue.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?