If you have received a Form W-2c (a corrected W-2 form), you can still electronically file your return. Enter the information from your Form W-2c as a Form W-2 in the program. There is no requirement to send the W-2c form if you electronically file as the IRS will receive a copy from the employer.
To enter your W-2c information in the TaxACT program:
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal Q&A tab
- Click Wages and Salaries to expand the category, then click Wage income reported on Form W-2
- Click Add to enter information from a new W-2, or click Review to review information already entered
- If you use Step-by-Step Guidance the program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter the appropriate information. When you are finished, click Review next to the Form W-2 you just entered and use Quick Entry to indicate that your entries are from Form W-2c. Simply check the box at the top titled Form W-2c, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement.
- If you use Quick Entry, check the box at the top titled Form W-2c, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement to indicate that your entries are from a W-2c. Be sure to scroll down to enter all applicable information.