Form 1099-MISC, Box 14 shows gross proceeds paid to an attorney in connection with legal services. These amounts are generally reported on Schedule C. Enter only the taxable portion as income on your return.
To enter or review the information for Form 1099-MISC, Box 14 Gross proceeds paid to an attorney
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Form 1099-MISC
- Click Add to create a new copy, or click Review to edit a copy already created
- Click Form 1099-MISC Quick Entry
- Enter the appropriate information, then click the X in the upper right corner to close the form
- Click Continue twice
- On the screen titled Assign your Forms 1099-MISC, select Schedule C from the dropdown
Note: If Schedule C is not an option in the dropdown, you will need to create a Schedule C to associate with the Form 1099-MISC. See Schedule C - Self-Employed for instructions on how to create a Schedule C.