If there is an amount on Line 18 (from the 28% Rate Gain Worksheet) or Line 19 (from the Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain Worksheet) of Schedule D, according to the IRS the tax is calculated on the Schedule D Tax Worksheet instead of the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet.
To view the tax calculation on the Schedule D Tax Worksheet which will show the calculation of the tax which flows to Form 1040, Line 44 or Form 1040NR, Line 42:
TaxAct® Online Users:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click Forms on the right side of the screen
- Click View complete Forms list below Forms
- Expand the Federal Forms folder and then expand the Worksheets folder
- Scroll down and click Schedule D Tax Worksheet - Tax Worksheet - Line 20
- Click Print and then click the worksheet name and the worksheet will appear in a PDF read-only format. At that time you can click the printer icon to actually print the worksheet or close the window without printing.
If, after you click Print
in Step 6 above, you are brought to the screen titled Payment Option
, you will need to process the payment for your product fees, and then repeat the steps above. TaxAct Desktop Users:
- Click the Forms button in the top left corner
- Expand the Federal folder, and then expand the Worksheets folder
- Scroll down and double click Schedule D Tax Worksheet - Tax Worksheet - Line 20
- Click on the pink Printer Icon above the worksheet to print. You are able to choose if you wish to send the output to a printer or a PDF document and also whether you prefer to only print preview the form.