- You must provide the security answer exactly as it entered when you created your account. (Example: if you spell out "Street" in your answer, the abbreviation "St" will not be accepted.)
- Double check that you're using the correct username. Mistyping username is a common mistake. To verify your username, you may request that your username emailed to you by clicking on the "Forgot Username" link here.
If you cannot remember the answer to your security question, you can instead request a verification code by email or mobile text. To request a code:
- Go to taxact.com/myaccount and enter your username and password.
- On the next screen, locate the message at the top of the screen that says "A Verification Code has been sent to…." Check the indicated email address or mobile phone for your code.
Emailed verification codes expire in 2 hours. To request a new code, simply repeat the above steps.
If your code was emailed but you do NOT have access to email:
- Click "Didn't receive a code" on the Verification Code screen. (To return to the screen, repeat the above steps.)
- Click "Don't know your security answer".
- If you do not see an option to receive a code by mobile phone, click "Try this to reset your account".
If you see a phone option, select the phone button and click Resend Code.
Please note: TaxAct Support representatives do not have access to your password nor do they have access to reset your password.