Downloading the State Program
- Log in to your account using your Username and Password.
- Click on Show ALL Downloads.
- Click the Download button next to the appropriate state module.
- Choose Run to install immediately or Save to save the file and install later. If you choose "Save", be sure to note where you save the file on your computer.
- Once the state program is installed, it should be attached to your currently-open return file automatically.
Installing after Saving
Once you have downloaded the TaxAct State Install program, you may simply locate the file and double-click to start the install.
Selecting the State for a Return
If you have installed the TaxAct state program and it is not attached to a return, you may "Select" it to add it to the tax return.
- Launch the TaxAct program.
- Click on Return, then State, then Select State... (as shown).
- Place a check-mark in the box next to the appropriate state and click OK.
If your state does not appear, you will first need to install the state module.
Was this helpful to you?