The Affordable Care Act, also known as the health care law, adds new health insurance coverage and financial assistance options for individuals and families.
IRS.gov/aca explains the tax benefits and responsibilities for individuals and families. This includes information about the individual shared responsibility provision and premium tax credit provision. It also provides basic information about how health insurance choices you make may affect the tax return you file.
IRS electronic publications include:
- Publication 5187 – Health Care Law: What's New for Individuals & Families
- Publication 974 – Premium Tax Credit
- Publication 5093 – Healthcare Law Online Resources
- Publication 5120 – Facts about the Premium Tax Credit
- Publication 5121 – Premium Tax Credit: Need help paying for health insurance premiums?
- Publication 5152 – Premium Tax Credit: Report changes in circumstances to the Marketplace when they happen
- Publication 5156 – Facts about Individual Shared Responsibility Provision
- Publication 5172 – Facts about Health Coverage Exemptions
Watch the IRS You Tube videos for an overview of the individual shared responsibility provision and the premium tax credit. Subscribe to Health Care Tax Tips to understand the tax provisions of health care law.
IRS.gov/aca has the most updated information about the Affordable Care Act tax provisions for individuals and families. IRS.gov/aca also provides information about rules and responsibilities for employers, as well as tax provisions for insurers, tax-exempt organizations, and other businesses.
Learn more about the tax implications of the Affordable Care Act by visiting www.HealthcareACT.com, powered by TaxAct.